Google Search

Google
 

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

John Adams




For the past month and a half, or so, I have been glued to my television every Sunday night for the seven part miniseries of John Adams which was on HBO. There was nothing I could see, that was wrong with this presentation. Actually, everything about this show was phenomenal, spectacular, riveting, heart wrenching, honest, and inspiring. Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney gave excellent performances...and dare I say the best performances of their careers so far.



The cast had so many players, the whole miniseries taking place over the lifespan of John Adams. David Morse was a fantastic George Washington. Tom Wilkinson was perfect as Ben Franklin.

If nothing else, this miniseries makes me interested in reading history books. I never was fond of History in elementary or high school...but now I find it riveting and interesting to read. Paul Giamatti simply blew me away. He is, by far, one of my top five favorite actors of all time.

I do hope there are awards won for the performances conveyed. I won't touch on how the birth of our nation correlates with the state of our nation now, but it does put things into perspective. Not that it'll change much of our current state of affairs.

Here's the trailer, I'm sure HBO will be re-airing all the episodes. I'll be sure to get the DVD set soon.

If I had stars, I'd give this 6 out of 5. Yes, that's right.

No comments: