Google Search

Google
 

Friday, April 18, 2008

Forgetting Sarah Marshall



I loved this movie!
I loved this movie!
I fucking loved this movie!

Maybe it's the simple fact that I've spent a good part of the past year trying to forget my ex girlfriend who's name is also Sarah. Maybe it's because I related to almost every detail of the main conflict of this film. Maybe it's not, but I loved this movie.

I don't remember the last movie I genuinely laughed out loud at as much as I did in this film. God bless the Judd Appatow gang. It's a dream of mine to work with them. They really do know how to make good comedy.

Jason Segel wrote a great script and delivered a spot on comedic performance. What's great about this film is that they don't dance around the issue of the pain one goes through in being dumped/breaking up. Comedy and drama are separated by a very paper thin line and there is so much comedy that comes from pain. It's the familiarity of the emotion, the realism of the performance, and the sheer stupid silliness of the process.

I could really go into details about the different elements of this film's plot that I relate to and compare them with all the fucked up details of my on again/off again relationship with Sarah whats her name. But I'll save that...say....for the little project I am working on.

All this aside, Kristin Bell, Mila Kunis (both incredibly hot), Russell Brand, Jonah Hill, Paul Rudd, that guy that plays Kenneth on 30 rock all did a great job rounding out the cast.

Everyone should go see this movie, unless you're that pretentious hipster couple who sat next to me not breaking a smile the whole time.

If I had stars, this one would get 5. Seriously.

No comments: