Google Search

Google
 

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Step Brothers



I've been a fan of Will Ferrell for quite a while. His comedy and timing is always spot on for me. I believe he understands how comedy works. I also have become a fan of John C Reilly's work in recent years. Walk Hard had me rolling.

Yes I've seen Talladega Nights. I wasn't a huge fan of the movie but I did leave with the funny catch phrases and one liners still in my mind. That movie gave me a fair share of chuckles. I figured I'd have the same experience with Step Brothers.

I was right. The movie didn't amaze me. I wasn't blown away by smart writing and hilarious situations. But I did find the movie amusing. I did find myself laughing at the rivalry between the two men, as well as the other side stories and characters. But I was also reminded of this thought that the movie's story was by both actors and Adam McKay who also directed Talladega Nights. I felt, much like when I was watching Dude Where's My Car, or Harold And Kumar for the first time, that they just went wherever the funny took them when writing the story. Kinda like they were phoning it in. I felt the same way with Talladega Nights. Sometimes just relying on the funny, isn't enough. At times, it was a bit absurd. I kind of expected that, though.

All in all, I enjoyed myself and did get to see the Pineapple Express trailer on the big screen.

If I had stars, this one gets 3 out of 5.

No comments: