Google Search

Google
 

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Notes On A Scandal



Wow. Holy crap. This movie was amazing. I was not expecting how great this movie was going to be. I suppose, if I was, I would have seen it in the theater. Judy Dench blew me away in this movie. Seriously. She really grasped the element of how a state of solitary depression can translate into obsessive and manipulative behavior. The thing I loved best about this movie was that it was mostly told through her quiet, thoughtful, and justified narrative. As if we were not only hearing her thoughts on what was happening, but seeing things through her eyes. Cate Blanchet was also awesome. I loved how they threw a tiny tidbit about her past being a punk and had an obsession with Siouxsie and the Banshees. For some reason, that little tidbit made this movie feel more honest and real. With the stories, like this one, that have been seen on the news and in tabloids before, it was interesting to see how this fictional story played out with all the different elements and angles.

Definitely a movie to check out.

If I had stars, I'd give it 4 1/2 out of 5.

No comments: