Google Search

Google
 

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wanted



I saw Wanted a couple of weeks ago. I believe this movie should be placed in the same category as The Matrix and Shoot Em Up. I say that because it reminded me of a cross between the two.

I have pretty much two bones to pick with this movie. The first one is that they should have billed James McAvoy above Angelina Jolie since the film revolves around his character and conflict. I do like me some Jolie but I think McAvoy stole the show as he rightfully should have. My second issue is the accent. He is a Scottish actor yet the accent he was using in the movie was an almost comical American accent. Much like Ewan McGregor, I feel it stole a bit from the performance doing this American accent he was doing.

Besides those two things, I really enjoyed this movie. It was a great popcorn action flick. I stated the comparison to The Matrix mainly because of Wesley Gibson's issue with his desk job. It reminded me of Mr. Anderson's previous existence in his office/cubicle environment before Morpheus contacts him.

This movie is based on a comic book, which makes a lot of sense to me. I mean, they bend the path of bullets, for christ sake! Overall, this film was a lot of fun. It was violent in the fun type of way. I also dug the tongue in cheek nature of the narrative.

If I had stars, I'd give this movie 3 1/2 out of 5.

No comments: