Google Search

Google
 

Friday, November 07, 2008

Steven Spielberg & Will Smith Remaking OLDBOY?!

The following story has been taken from www.iconsoffright.com....

Could it be?! Variety is reporting that "Steven Spielberg and Will Smith are in early discussions to collaborate on a remake of Chan Wook-Park's cult classic OLDBOY." The article states that Dreamworks is in the process of securing the remake rights for distribution through Universal.

"In the 2003 Korean original, a man gets kidnapped and held in a shabby cell for 15 years without explanation. Suddenly, he's released and given money, a cell phone and clothes and is set on a path to discover who destroyed his life so he can take revenge.

Spielberg had been looking for an opportunity to make a film with Smith, who would play the kidnapped man if all the pieces fall into place. Spielberg is looking for a writer to begin the development process."


Seriously...I've already said I would pretty much go see any movie Will Smith does. I mean, I did see Hancock. I just watched this trailer for Seven Pounds.



So yeah....that looks promising and I'll see it.

The idea of remaking Oldboy gives me pause but I'll give it consideration if Spielberg and Smith stay attached to it and it actually happens. For those who haven't seen Oldboy, I highly suggest watching it. It's a pretty fucked up movie and part of the cult classic Vengeance trilogy.

This right here is one of the best, if not THE best scene in the film.

No comments: