Google Search

Google
 

Thursday, November 06, 2008

And although it seems heaven sent...

...Yeah Tupac....we now seem to be ready to have a black president.

As soon as Barack (we're on a first name basis, he emails me) clenched it on Tuesday, the first thing I thought about was that song Tupac put out.

But seriously. Wow. It hasn't completely sunk in yet. I went to the Democratic Headquarters in my neighborhood for bbq catering, beer, and to watch the results come in on the big screen. They had the timing wrong slightly because a minute after they announced the food was ready and everyone crammed themselves into the poor excuse of a structured line, the Presidency was announced for Obama. I missed the announcement!

My response was, as I was in line on the other side of the building was 'Really? Already? Wow!'.

It was amazing, almost surreal. I felt like I should have been jumping and screaming but I found myself sitting there, once I got back to my seat with my food, with a huge smile on my face.

So that was great. That IS great. What isn't great is this Proposition 8 bullshit. I mean....we have broken down a major wall of intolerance and discrimination in nominating our first black president only to find another wall which stops people from getting married. I just don't get it.

I mean, I get the argument. I understand the opposing view point in the extent that I'm not an idiot. But I don't get it and don't understand the underlying prejudices that comes with the passing of the Proposition.

One step forward, one step back.

Re-Open Prop 8

No comments: