Google Search

Google
 

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Scarlett Johansson does Tom Waits


Obviously I pick Tom Waits. For those who don't know, Scarlett Johansson will be releasing her album mostly comprised of Waits' cover songs. I took a listen to what she has on her profile here Anywhere I Lay My Head

My first thought while listening to the tracks on the profile was that it vaguely reminded me of The Cocteau Twins. Then I heard a hint of David Bowie (he is featured in the background of a few tracks) but his voice is diminished to a hint of an echo. Dave Sitek from TV On The Radio produced this album. I can hear the TV On The Radio sound a little on here. It still sounds too gothy shoegaze for my tastes.

Of course, I think Scarlett Johansson is hot and the idea of her doing a Tom Waits cover album makes me happy. Part of me doesn't even care if the album sucks. I mean, it's Scarlett Johansson. She's a great actress, she's gorgeous, and she likes Tom Waits.

What more could I ask for?

I suppose I can ask for it to be good. But from what I heard, it's not horrible.

No comments: