Google Search

Google
 

Friday, May 02, 2008

Political Distractions




I'm annoyed with all this bullshit I've been seeing on the news recently. This is a Presidential Campaign. Yet America is focused on the moron pictured with Barack Obama above. As a white man, even though I am trying to view this with unbiased eyes in regards to race, I'm embarrassed for Obama and embarrassed for the white working class votes that Clinton is starting to gain because of this fiasco.

It's simply retarded. If the news is going to go on and on about Barack Obama's racist preacher, why not bring up the flipside?



Yeah Billy Graham. Why not talk about him? Why not discuss his ranting on the Jews controlling the media? He has gone on record saying this, in a sad attempt at an apology:

“I go and I keep friends with Mr. Rosenthal at The New York Times and people of that sort, you know. And all I mean, not all the Jews, but a lot of the Jews are great friends of mine, they swarm around me and are friendly to me because they know that I’m friendly with Israel. But they don’t know how I really feel about what they are doing to this country. And I have no power, no way to handle them, but I would stand up if under proper circumstances.”



Yeah, Jerry Falwell. Why not talk about him?

He had gone on record about 9/11 saying, "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"



Yeah, Pat Robertson. Why not talk about him? He believes natural disasters like Katrina and whatnot are caused by "unnatural actions" in regards to behavior partaken in the gay community.

I mean, come on, talk about a catch 22. I understand how Rev Wright's views of America can be shaped by his youth and how the African American community struggled to come up from the oppression and poverty that was a reality for him when he was my age. I also think he went overboard. But this affecting Obama's campaign is ridiculous.

If the media is to focus on Wright and his views and how that reflects on Barack Obama's electability and character, why is the media not really discussing John McCain's preacher John Hagee?

This is a quote from Pastor Hagee: It was the disobedience and rebellion of the Jews, God's chosen people, to their covenantal responsibility to serve only the one true God, Jehovah, that gave rise to the opposition and persecution that they experienced beginning in Canaan and continuing to this very day.

Fine, apparently he also hates Catholics and Muslims. But shouldn't the media and the American public be more resourceful and think here? No, of course not. Because white christian republican based preachers are expected to say such things. Rich and white, no one questions. People just roll their eyes and accept it as a reality. But a black preacher, rut roh! Look out. Angry black man of God, now that's news material.

If this genuinely affects the race and puts Clinton in the nomination, I'll seriously be at a loss for words. I'll further be tempted to cut out my tongue and completely lose the ability to form words if McCain wins.

Lastly, I find this picture below funny and ironic.


1 comment:

John said...

I like your analysis of the "distractions," especially the last picture.