Google Search

Google
 

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wristcutters: A Love Story



I received Wristcutters: A Love Story last night as the next title in my Netflix queue. I was actually really excited since this movie was in theaters for like A DAY. Being the Tom Waits fanatic that I am, I wanted to see this when I first saw the trailer. I had to settle for the DVD which is fine.

I thought this movie was quirky and cute given the depressing theme that all of the people in the film were dead. To be more precise, all the characters kill themselves and the film takes place in a Purgatory type situation. They make it look not that much different than life now, except people in this Purgatory cannot smile and go about their "lives" in a way that has a sense of 'what's the point?' about it.

That being said, I enjoyed this film. I mainly wanted to see it for Tom Waits (who has a small but nice role) and Will Arnett. But everyone else held their own. The movie didn't blow me away by any means but it was a delightful spin on the Boy Loses Girl, Boy Tries To Get Girl Back scenario.

If I had stars, I'd give the movie 3 out of 5.

Here's the trailer for the film:

No comments: