Google Search

Google
 

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Milk



I've gotta say, this movie really touched me. I remember a number of years ago, catching the documentary about Harvey Milk on cable. It was such a moving story. When I heard they were making a movie with Sean Penn starring as Milk, I knew it was something to check out.

Everyone should see this. Especially with how Prop 8 has ended up going. This movie takes place 30 something years ago, yet the subject matter is something that still signifies a struggle which exists today.

The cast is amazing. Gus Van Sant is a great director and he does good work here. Once again, Josh Brolin is in a movie I'm raving about. Seriously...go see the damn movie. Sean Penn will probably be nominated. He personified the role and seriously became Harvey Milk in his voice and mannerisms. The casting was perfect.

If I had stars, it'd be 4 1/2 out of 5.

No comments: